Search This Blog

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Fall 2010 Collection...Coming Soon!

Hey Everyone,

I'm losing sleep over finishing up my Fall 2010 Collection; it has to be completed by January 30th since it is getting photographed during the first week of February.  All the fabrics from Europe are here, all the sketches are completed, all the patterns are in the works, all the seamstresses are working overtime…yet I am still so nervous about the “what ifs”.  I know it may sound dramatic, but it almost feels like I’ll be giving birth soon. I mean, it does take at least 8 months to complete a collection, from the concepts in my mind to the actual garments being photographed.  The process is exciting, but totally all-consuming.  I think, sleep, and dream of the collection until it is fully completed, and once it is done, it is such a relief! I plan on giving myself few days off before I start working on the next season…..my work truly is labor of love.

Take a look at a few of my sketches of what will hopefully be cut, stitched, and ready next month!

Aysha


No comments: